I used to think my kids HAD to have separate rooms. This necessity in American culture is rubbish. Having ones own room is fine, but I think every kid should at one point in their life HAVE to share a room. What a fantastic lesson in sharing and can even prepare them for marriage in a way. I have to say, I have not always been happy about sharing a room with my hubby. :)
My kids always had their own room, but for the past 6 months they have shared one. Sometimes it's a challenge but it always works out.
Benefits to sharing:
1- They learn to search out a private space rather than assuming its a right to be given one
2- The family learns to become minimalist because you can only fit so many clothes in one closet
3- Children who squabble all day end up sleeping like this......
Now I do have to say that if we get a bigger sized house my children ( I have only two....so far) will probably get their own rooms, but that is ONLY because they are opposite gender and my oldest is 8 and gets really tired of her brother walking in on her changing-----gasp! :)
sharing a room
Posted by
Valerie
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Labels: Children , Our Family



1 comments:
My kids would love it if we all slept in one big bedroom!
Post a Comment