OUCH!!

OK be forewarned, I am reading a book called "Created To Be His Helpmeet" by Debi Pearl. First of all, its a very interesting book. Second of all it makes me want to throw it against the wall. Third of all, sadly, it is true. It is brutal, and I mean brutal honesty about a woman's biblical roll, and the part her disobedience to that plays in harming her marriage. SNAP! here I was thinking it was the fault of these big ol' dumb men. :)
Anyhow, I will be posting on this for the next week. If I posted on every amazing, albeit hard, truth I am learning in this book, I would never post anything else. However, since I am sure that you, like me, don't want to hear for the next few years how its all pretty much all our fault, I am going to limit the posts to just the next few
STAY TUNED!

2 comments:

Too Many Kids In The Bathtub October 14, 2009 at 10:59 PM  

I SO FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!!!! I AM RE-STARTING THE BOOK TOMORROW!!!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!!!

Julie October 27, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

I recently read this book too. I know it is controversial, but I feel like you. I wanted to throw it against the wall...because she's right. :) I don't agree with EVERYTHING she's saying, but there were lots of the book that I could take and pertain to my life. It made me take a long look at how I'm behaving as a wife and a helper to my husband. I've made lots of changes. ;) I'm glad to know someone else I know has read this book too. Miss you!

Donate to our adoption!


I write on the most varied, and well... sometimes quite odd topics. I am a mom to three, soon to be four amazing kiddos. I am the wife of the only man in the world who can melt me, frustrate me, teach me, mold me, lead me, romance me and drive me a bit crazy. God has saved me from myself, my sins, and my hellbound road, and for that I am forever grateful. I love my King, my kids, my Sweetheart, and the life that Christ has led me to. I am passionate about my faith, healthy living, frugality, adoption, purity, children, and homeschooling, as well as a host of other things. These things do not define me but definitely hold my interest in a conversation! These are also some of the things that I speak about here.