I title this "how we homeschool" while laughing. I was teaching the kids the other day and it was raining and I was needing a break, so I told the kids to go outside when it lets up, and play for "recess". So they went outside and stood on chairs so that they could "shake" all the rain off the tree onto themselves. After watching them do this for 20 or so minutes, I began to wonder about how my neighbors think I homescool. I couldn't help but laugh.

And after all that time making such a nice school room for them, THIS is how they want to do their school work
how we homeschool
Posted by
Valerie
Friday, September 4, 2009



3 comments:
I'm having trouble "positioning" my kids optimally for homeschool, too. I started out with the two girls together at one table and their older brother at a different table in another room. I almost feel like I need a third room, though, as whichever two are together have trouble staying on task!
I found your blog from
http://miscellaneousmusings-x.blogspot.com/
I giggled when i saw the pictures of your kids doing their work in such strage positions! If mine could, I think they would do their work while standing on their heads at times! But hey, if it works and they are learning...why not? I wonder what our neighbors think of us too at times. Oh, those crazy home schoolers ;) Praise the Lord that I am blessed to count myself as one of those "cray home schoolers" I love the profile paragraph of your blog! Purity has become such a great desire of mine too! what a blessing to find another momma who shares the same values! Look forward to reading!
Thanks for coming by my blog. :) Every now and then when it is raining, without thunder and lightning of course, I'll take the kids on a "rain walk". They think I have lost my mind and the neighbors must really have lost my mind! We count it as a shower for the day. :)
Christine @ Live to Learn
Post a Comment