OK seriously, what is with that word? I love being "Quiverfull", but not a big fan of how that sounds. Labels are hard sometimes. I have never liked labels, probably because more often than not, what I was labeled was negative. In the secular world I was labeled, "punk", "easy", "drunk", "white trash pregnant teen". And although some of those labels rightly described my behavior, they were not who I was. I was created in the image of my maker, and loved dearly by Him. I just hadn't realized it yet. However now that I am a Christian, I have new labels. "Fundamentalist, legalistic, no T.V., Quiverfull, homeschooling, stay at home mom". And once again, although all these do describe part of my behavior, they are not Who I am. I am created in the image of God,and a child of Him who loved me and gave himself up for me. First off, let me say, I am not legalistic. I believe in God's grace fully, and I love that we live under the grace of the New Testament, and not the Law of the old. However I also love God's word, and His word has a lot to say about living and faith, and what it should look like. I take that seriously. I figure if Jesus took the time to talk about how we should live, then we should listen to His wisdom.
So some of you may ask "what in the world does 'Quiverull' mean?" Well my answer to that is another label I have been given......"college drop out" :)
SOOOOOOO since I did drop out of college, I will link you to a blog that is far more eloquent and well spoken than mine will ever be. She describes being Quiverfull in four separate posts and ALL are worth reading. I think if you disagree with being Quiverfull then it is still good to know why some people choose to live and believe this way, so that we can love one another in our differences, through understanding. Click here
I highly suggest reading it. Remember there are four posts (so far).
Quiverfull.....?
Posted by
Valerie
Monday, September 21, 2009
Labels: Children , Faith , Our Family , The Walk



1 comments:
The label "college drop out" may be more like a badge of honor before too long at the rate colleges are going:)
Thanks for giving me the link. And thanks for calling me eloquent! You're too sweet!
Post a Comment