OK you know when your kids just say the funniest things ever and you just want to roll on the floor laughing? That happened to me the other day in Walmart (but I was able to control myself from rolling on their aisles, dirtyyyy). So my family and I are pretty health conscious. Maybe in California surrounded by vegans and 100% raw food eaters we would not be considered so, but here in the south, we are pretty healthy eaters. We eat lots of whole foods, organic, some raw, and a lot of homemade. I say all that to give you the backdrop to what Ireland said. We were just finishing checking out and Ireland whispers to me, "mom, people are so unhealthy!" I looked to her and asked her why she said that. She answered "mom, just look in their baskets! This one lady had a jar of peanut butter in it and I couldn't believe what it said!". At this point I start to smile because I just think its adorable when children observe things, so of course I asked her what she saw. She practically shouts her whisper while saying "I can't believe that peanut butter company would brag about how unhealthy their peanut butter is. It said right on the front that is was half sugar! Half of the jar was nothing but sugar! I can't believe people would buy such a thing." At first I didn't understand and then it hit me, she had seen one of those jar's of peanut butter that is labeled "1/2 the sugar". However she read it, "1/2 sugar". I had to work so hard to contain my laughter so that I would not embarrass her. Sooooooooo funny. I love having kids.



2 comments:
Cute story! We've had some issues along those lines. The other day my older daughter said her sister could have her sweet. I thought how nice that she's willing to share. Then my older daughter said her sister could be the fat sister and she would be the skinny one. Yikes! Do I talk like that? Surely not!
LOL...that's cute. :-D
Mmmm not I want a PB&J sandwich....
Post a Comment