First of all, before I tell you how awesome our trip was, let me explain how non-awesome our first three days were and why I asked for prayer. First please look at our driving conditions that appeared OVER NIGHT before we left. Friday was 70 degrees, we woke up Saturday AM to leave and found the road conditions to be this....
Did you happen to notice the ice that covered the road?? or how about the zero visability?? We saw at least ten cars in the ditch, however that didn't seem to be a deterrent to crazy drivers whizzing past us, staring us down like we were idiotic to dare drive forty (even in those conditions). I kid you not, we so both cars who zoomed by us, in a ditch 10 miles later.
So we never made it to Colorado Springs that day. We made it to Amarillo Texas. We were on the 40 when we saw a taxi spin out in front of two semi-trucks. It was not pretty and we made the collective decision that Colorado was not worth our lives. So we stopped. Which meant we were not going to get to go to Colorado Springs for my grandma's birthday. See we had planned to go to Colorado Springs for a day and a half to visit my grandma with my family, then me, my hubby and kids, mom and my brother and his wife and kids were supposed to drive all together down to Durango to spend the remainder of the time there. So we new once we stopped in Amarillo that we were not going to be able to meet them up there. So we only drove to Albuquerque the next day. Then the day after that we went on to Durango Colorado.
To say the first three days were stressful would kind of be an understatement. There is nothing like having your life at risk, hotel stays, car trips, and your plans going awry, to make you all a little cranky. My husband and I had it out a few times like we were back to being 19 again. We just both felt heavy burdens that for some reason or another we hung on to, instead of letting go. But in the end...we made it through. We reconciled, apologized,prayed, kissed and made up, and then we were even able to enjoy the rest of the trip. YAY!! Another point for us! No points for you Satan...sorry :)
Anyhow....this is a little piece of God's majesty that I got to enjoy once we FINALLY got there...
Kind of nice huh? Well, we definitely enjoyed it. We did fun things, but my favorite part, by far, was the view. Those mountains really are breathtaking....or was that the altitude?? Either way, here are some more cute pics of my family...
Well I hate to end this update so short (ha!) but I need to go love on the husband for a bit, so he doesn't get too lonely :)
Before I go though, I would love to send a shout out to Celee at Miscellaneous Musings of a 5x Mom. She was so gracious to open her home to us on our trip back. I cannot tell you the difference it made in our trip. Instead of an expensive cold hotel room with nothing to do but watch T.V., we got to stay with like minded Christians who fed us two hot meals, charged us nothing, stayed up late to talk with us, made our beds ready, and let the kids play with EVERYTHING. It was awesome. They are wonderful people and I was so glad to meet them. Here is my poem for Celee...
Your food was yummy
It filled our tummy
Your house was a delight
I am glad I stayed the night
It cost us no money
And you husband is too funny!
I never said it would be a good poem... lol
Our Trip.
Posted by
Valerie
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Labels: Our Family , Random



1 comments:
Love it! I miss CO! So glad you got to go and the trip worked out.
Post a Comment