I love thrift stores. It started when I was teenager in southern California trying to find fun and "interesting" clothes for my my very specific fashion wants. For instance one of my very favorite shirts was my "He-Man and the Masters" shirt. I wore it all the time. It was a little boys shirt and I was teen girl, so you can only imagine, I was not a very modest teen. My son now wears the shirt to bed, which just makes my husband and I laugh.
Anyhow, my love for thrift stores has now carried into my adult life. My frugal budget of course loves thrift stores. However, nowadays I am not really looking for fashion as much as I am looking for your average household needs. Some things I have found recently have been very helpful finds.
As you can see below, my kids found Legos out our local Goodwill for 1 dollar! Why is that a big deal you say?? For one, my kids are obsessed with Legos. Secondly, that particular box of Legos runs about 25 dollars. Thirdly, it was in perfect condition with most of the parts still in their individual bags. It was an awesome day in our household when we found that. Check out what my daughter built with it.....pretty cool huh?!?
Another awesome thrift store find lately has been "Addition Bingo". For a buck forty nine, it has added tons of fun filled learning in our house. And "fun" learning is always good learning in a homeschool family. :)
The last thing I want to show you is my new purse. I have a tendency to throw everything under heaven in my purse. Finding my keys in my purse while trying to get into the car and out of the cold weather is my daily enemy. So I finally bought a purse to end my battles. I had not purchased a purse in 2 years, so it was a pretty cool day. At only 2 dollars, why not?? This purse has a sum total of six pockets, now I "have a place for everything and everything in its place" :)
Thrift store finds!
Posted by
Valerie
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Labels: Our Family , Random



2 comments:
I commented in the wrong section. I will be praying for you friend. Love you!
I love going thrifting! If you ever come visit, call me and we will go together. I miss your laugh. ;)
Post a Comment