Do your kids do this?

I was just wondering, do any of your kids do school work here??

My daughter just cannot be next to me while I try and teach her younger brother. She is soooooo easily distracted. We usually do school together at our big dining room table. However, the other day, after telling her at least 15 times to do her work and stop staring at her brothers work, I finally had it.
ME: "I am sorry baby, but this is not working. I don't want to punish you for being distracted, but your making it really hard on me to school your brother. Please go somewhere else to do your worksheet."

HER: "But where will I go? Nowhere else is comfortable and I want to be near you"

ME: "Can't you think of SOME PLACE you can do it??"

HER: "nope"

ME: "I don't care where you go, even if its on the trampoline, I just need you to go"


So this is where she spent the next hour doing work. She came in a begged me to give her more work to do on the trampoline. Now she wants to do it there all the time. Is this a bad thing?? Well so far it works. We will see. That may get harder in those HOT Oklahoma months :)

2 comments:

Celee April 3, 2010 at 3:53 PM  

Yep, and lately they've been eating lunch there, too:)

Beaubecky April 15, 2010 at 12:52 PM  

Did not know that was going on with you. Praying for you. That has got to be hard. God is so good though & He does have a plan. I know you know that though.

Donate to our adoption!


I write on the most varied, and well... sometimes quite odd topics. I am a mom to three, soon to be four amazing kiddos. I am the wife of the only man in the world who can melt me, frustrate me, teach me, mold me, lead me, romance me and drive me a bit crazy. God has saved me from myself, my sins, and my hellbound road, and for that I am forever grateful. I love my King, my kids, my Sweetheart, and the life that Christ has led me to. I am passionate about my faith, healthy living, frugality, adoption, purity, children, and homeschooling, as well as a host of other things. These things do not define me but definitely hold my interest in a conversation! These are also some of the things that I speak about here.