reading between my lines?

Wow, I knew when I chose to discuss clothes, there would be some differing feelings on the issue. But I think some things need to be clarified before I move onto the next post on Modesty. OK here we go

* People who write on a topic do not necessarily feel superior in said topic, just passionate about it.

* Discussing feelings and opinions on a topic does not condemn those who do not feel the same.

*The great thing about following Christ is that at any given moment we can KNOW for certainty we don't know it all. That's why there is GRACE.


Speaking about modesty in a blog is hard to get across being that most who read this (primarily my grown adult friends who are Christians) do not really struggle with Modesty.

I truly don't think I personally even know more than a few women who actually dress in a way that truly is immodest. The reason I typed this series was not to address a RAMPANT immodesty issue in adult women in the church. I truly had the image of the young girls in the church. The girls age's 11-19 is where I think things need to be discussed, which I will do in the next post. I addressed adults in the last post not because I thought they needed lessons on modesty, but because I wanted to share some things I had not been aware of and did very innocently. Like bending over without realizing my top was exposing my breasts. The jeans issue was brought about by some men on a video I had watched, saying what hurt them spiritually was the style of clothes most women wore. It was tight jeans. So I took what THEY said into consideration. I then took a look at things are realized it would not be that hard for me to wear jeans that were not too tight, or hugged real low. I also started wearing longer tops in order to prevent the "panty show" I talked about in the last post. So when I discussed some of these things I had been discovering, it was in a way of suggestion, not condemnation. There is now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus. It says so in the bible :)

I have discussed with a lot of friends this issue,and most said, as I did, that they had never even realized it. They then went home and asked their husbands if tight jeans and low cut tops, where a temptation for them. They were shocked to realize, it truly was. If I feel like this is something "I" am aware of now, and is just something I think we can discuss and keep in mind.

Having said all of that, I will continue to discuss the topic of modesty even though I am in no way perfect at it. Just like I will continue to discuss, love, patience, kindness, devotion, obedience, submission, health, and growing in the Lord, even though I am in NO WAY perfect in those areas :)

I truly believe that we as Christian sisters, should feel the freedom to discuss things, even when we don't have them down perfectly in our own lives. What kind of sisters in the faith would we be if we held each other to such a standard? We can in and through our faith in Christ, be able to agree to disagree. We should also be able to speak, guide, discuss, and train one another in righteousness. As long as our words are seasoned with salt and love we should not fear offending. I have learned sooo very much from my Christian sisters. Would I have learned if they had never spoken on any issue for fear of not being perfect? NO.
I wish I could write a WHOLE post on the Women whom I am blessed to call my friends, and the things they have taught me. (hummm maybe not a bad idea)

OK tomorrow, "How modesty is absent in a large portion of Christian youth,and how that shapes their thinking."

1 comments:

Celee April 28, 2010 at 6:39 PM  

I didn't think you were being know-it-all at all. I totally get what you're saying. Shopping for girls is getting harder and harder so I'm looking forward to your post on that tomorrow.

Donate to our adoption!


I write on the most varied, and well... sometimes quite odd topics. I am a mom to three, soon to be four amazing kiddos. I am the wife of the only man in the world who can melt me, frustrate me, teach me, mold me, lead me, romance me and drive me a bit crazy. God has saved me from myself, my sins, and my hellbound road, and for that I am forever grateful. I love my King, my kids, my Sweetheart, and the life that Christ has led me to. I am passionate about my faith, healthy living, frugality, adoption, purity, children, and homeschooling, as well as a host of other things. These things do not define me but definitely hold my interest in a conversation! These are also some of the things that I speak about here.