Well hello there.

Hi everyone, remember me?? My name is Valerie. I started this blog....whats that? You don't remember me? OK OK enough with the dramatics :)
I really have been wanting to blog lately, really. But thinking of blogging and actually blogging are..well....you guessed it.....TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS. So here is the update on me. I have been super busy with getting settled back in here, after all our gallivanting in Texas, Colorado and Arkansas.
I am still exploring all it means to have PCOS, and possibly figuring out what is preventing me from conceiving. I truly believe God's hand is in every pregnancy and nothing goes on without his knowledge. Yet at the same time I feel compelled to figure out what is going on with me. Things are just not right in "Valerie Town" if ya know what I'm sayin. Anyhow, I have been charting my temperature, to see if I show any signs of Ovulation. I am doing this because, how we figure out whats going on with me, and HOW to treat me, depends on if I ovulate, or if I don't. If I do ovulate, whats preventing pregnancy? Things like that. Anyhow, I got a blood test today to check my levels of Progesterone (you can read more about why progesterone levels are important here). Hopefully it comes back normal, but I am showing "some" signs of it being low. If that is the case, I may possibly be conceiving, but I don't have enough of the hormone progesterone to sustain that pregnancy. If that is the case, it breaks my heart, but God is good, and I know we will work through all of this.
On another note, I finish my last DHS adoption class tomorrow! yay. Although that does not really complete us, since my husband starts his classes next Saturday, and does his for the next 6 weeks. blahhhh BUT when that is done and we sign our final papers, we should be on our way to adopting a precious child who needs a home. He or She will come to a home that greatly desires more children.

Well I was going to do a "short" (ha!) part on catching you all up, and then a longer part on our new chore system that I created. But alas, as always, I was long winded, so I will do my chore post tomorrow.
I truly hope all of you have a BLESSED weekend.

p.s. My handsome man and I went on a date tonight (first time in wayyyyyyy too long) and we saw the movie "Letters to God". We loved it. It's RARE with a capitol "R" that Jake and I ever go to the movies, due to the junk that is put out of Hollywood, but this one was clean as a whistle (with the exception of a few low cut tops), and was so very sweet. I totally suggest watching it. It has a fantastic Christian message.

0 comments:

Donate to our adoption!


I write on the most varied, and well... sometimes quite odd topics. I am a mom to three, soon to be four amazing kiddos. I am the wife of the only man in the world who can melt me, frustrate me, teach me, mold me, lead me, romance me and drive me a bit crazy. God has saved me from myself, my sins, and my hellbound road, and for that I am forever grateful. I love my King, my kids, my Sweetheart, and the life that Christ has led me to. I am passionate about my faith, healthy living, frugality, adoption, purity, children, and homeschooling, as well as a host of other things. These things do not define me but definitely hold my interest in a conversation! These are also some of the things that I speak about here.