making bread





I am not a baker. Let's just open this up honestly. My Mom and Sister can attest to that. While I may be able (finally) to whip up a pretty good meal, baking is where I severely lack know how. I read a cook book and the directions make sense. If they don't make sense then I wing it and it usually comes out pretty darn good. A recipe on baking however reads like something in my sisters insane "bio-something-or-other" text books. The funny thing is though in baking, you just can't "wing-it". Things don't come out quite the same if you don't knead the full "20" times, or if you add just a pinch more or less of this or that. However, the other day, was truly a miracle. It took an ice storm penning me up in the house for days and a little bit of begging from my kids, but I did it. I Baked. I Baked lots actually. And they didn't turn out half bad :) Well to be honest the bread was a little on the heavy "dough-y" side, but there were yummy. I wont even attempt to explain how bad the molasses bread turned out, so lets not even go there(I will just say I added a little more or less of this or that). But at least we had fresh baked warm bread and I received bookoo amounts of "mommy brownie points" from the kiddos.

6 comments:

Katie February 4, 2010 at 4:46 AM  

I will always care and love you!!!

Celee February 4, 2010 at 6:43 AM  

Mmmm. I can almost smell the bread baking! By the way, my husband and I are sharing a vehicle and I still haven't mailed your book. Sorry it's taking me so long.

Celee February 5, 2010 at 11:58 AM  

Hey Valerie, I mailed your book today! I gave you a blog award, too, so thanks for spreading sunshine my way!

Celee

Valerie February 5, 2010 at 12:08 PM  

Wahoo Celee! thanks!

Debbie February 6, 2010 at 1:14 PM  

Love your blog! Your bread looks delicious. Where did you find a 4 loaf baking pan? Celee enjoys your blog and I was talking with her today, so I decided to check it out for myself.

Valerie February 6, 2010 at 4:23 PM  

Thanks Debbie! I love Celee, so we have that in common! I got the four loaf baking pan as a gift and it was from Pampered Chef. :)

Donate to our adoption!


I write on the most varied, and well... sometimes quite odd topics. I am a mom to three, soon to be four amazing kiddos. I am the wife of the only man in the world who can melt me, frustrate me, teach me, mold me, lead me, romance me and drive me a bit crazy. God has saved me from myself, my sins, and my hellbound road, and for that I am forever grateful. I love my King, my kids, my Sweetheart, and the life that Christ has led me to. I am passionate about my faith, healthy living, frugality, adoption, purity, children, and homeschooling, as well as a host of other things. These things do not define me but definitely hold my interest in a conversation! These are also some of the things that I speak about here.