
Well what can I say but THANK YOU!! My sweet and "nice" friend Celee over at "Miscellaneous Musings of a 5x Mom" awarded me this very cute and quirky blog award. I have to totally agree with her answer that when it comes to whether I am Naughty or Nice, I would have to say that although I don't consider myself naughty (anymore at least), I do see my sin nature far too often to say I am nice. But I appreciate her words that she thinks I am none the less :)
Anyway, these are the questions I'm supposed to answer.
1. What is the silliest prank you ever played on someone?
Hummm well I've never been good at "silly" pranks. Mostly I just went along with the pranks being played around me, whether they be silly, tame, or really dangerous. I do however remember a time (under the tutelage of my sister) switching the sugar in the sugar shaker with salt and watching my much older half brother pour it in his coffee, take a drink, and then swear like a sailor. Good times good times.
2. If you could take a trip anywhere out of the country where would you go? Why?
Well i would have to start this out by being totally honest about my DEEP fear of flying. However if I could somehow telaport myself somewhere outside of the country and avoid the nightmarish event we simply label "flying", then I would definitely love to travel the middle east and visit Turkey and Israel. However Ireland is a very close second. I would love the rich history of the middle east and I would love to see our families genealogy played out in the land of Ireland.(OK were really not all that much Irish, but enough to see the heritage there)
3. Who plays the most influential role in your life?
Sometimes my husband, sometimes my friends, and sadly sometimes the world.
4. Are you ok with your significant other being friends with an ex?
No, not really....ummm yeah I almost certain that would be awwwwwwwwkward. Neither my husband nor I really keep in touch with many friends of the opposite sex. So thankfully we have not had to face that in recent years.
5. Favorite candle scent?
Anything that is usually put out in Fall and Winter. Pumpkin Spice, Caramel, Apple, Pie.
6. Next movie you're excited about seeing?
I have lost my excitement for most movies. A lot of movies are trash and filled with trash so I try not to get my hopes up. Maybe one day they will come out with an awesome family movie, that is clean (without naked bodies,swearing, blasphemy, or intense gore)and actually has good acting. THEN I will get excited.
7. You must ban one word from the dictionary and all usage, to be no longer uttered or written. What word do you ban?
I would like for people not to take the Lord's name in vain. And I don't like it when people use vulgar words. However, I wouldn't ban any words from the dictionary. The problem is not with the words, but with the people who mis-use them. (I stole this answer from Celee, because it is exactly as I would have answered)
8. Do you have any relatives in jail?
I'm sure I do. I have such a large extended family that you really can never tell ;)
9. What crazy fads were popular when you were a teenager?
All sorts of randomness happened in the late nineties, however in my private catholic school, we wore uniforms, so our fads came in form of socks and shoes. which for me and my friends was converse all stars with tall gym socks that went to the knee and two colored stripes at the top. That's pretty much what we wore everyday with our pleated skirts and button up shirts. (I know we were too cool.....not)
10. Have you ever been mentioned in a newspaper or on TV?
Yes. I was interviewed by several news reporters when my neighbor killed his wife and shot himself. Apparently a young teen just home from school, standing next to the yellow crime tape is perfect for getting to answer questions on camera. It was crazy the next day at school all kinds of kids walked by me and said "I saw you on the news!". I just remember thinking to myself "Well that's embarrassing, I didn't think teens watched the news!"
I'm supposed to pass this award on to 10 of my blogging friends unless I'm feeling naughty- in that case I can just pass it on to 5.
These ladies are definitely NICE.
It's your turn...
Julie at "All things Sunshiney"
Becky at "Adventures with the Ames"
Sandy at "Celebrating Life"
Mandy at "the life and times of Mandy mom"
Grace at "The Crouch family"
...to answer the above questions and pass along the award. Thanks for being a nice influence in my life!
Posted by
Valerie
Friday, July 30, 2010
Labels: Random



2 comments:
and now, to answer these questions! lol
Is inherit the land the one you were telling us about? I need to get that! Now my husband says we're building a cabin at the ranch so we can spend more time there. We'll see if it actually happens. The dollhouse is STILL not finished!
Why aren't we facebook friends?
Celee
Post a Comment