Fun times




I love when God makes allows me to stop and delight in the simple joys in my life. Like watching my kids enjoy their Christmas presents (LEGO'S), or catching snow on their tongue, or just being silly. Its been a GREAT week, but I still have those moments of being overwhelmed with catching up on ALL those things I am behind on. And to be honest, I have an impatient nature of also letting myself get aggravated with the children over things like asking me twenty questions through the bathroom door, while I am not only trying to go to the bathroom, but also, if we can be honest, blogging. Hey sorry ladies, but its the truth. Men take their crosswords and newspapers to the bathroom, I take the laptop....don't judge.
Anywho, I like these small moments caught on the camera, that remind me of the simple joys of family. Times when they are playing peacefully next to me with legos (I feel my kids' insane obsession with legos is God's reward to me for getting rid of tv.), or happily running outside to play, even in 30 degree weather, or when they happily sit at my feet for a bible reading, it all reminds me that God has a lot in store for this family. Just when i think we are dysfunctional, God shows me are normal, because HE is making us into His image. He is changing our family every hour of everyday. He never stops sharpening and smoothing out the rough edges, that come from sin and years of worldly living. Keep it up Father, I likes what I see. WE are hopeless without you. Praise you for your love.

2 comments:

Celee December 29, 2009 at 5:00 PM  

I told my 10 yr old this year he was not getting any legos. I love them, too, but he has this obsession with displaying everything he builds. We ran out of display space a couple of years ago! He did get a model airplane to build with his dad. Maybe his dad will hang it from his ceiling.

Valerie December 29, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

ha ha ha ha Celee. I know the feeling sometime, trust me! WE have a lego city in my daughters room. But so far we are not to the stage yet of wanting to get rid of them. I say "YET" because you just never know. :)
Hope you had a great Christmas!

Donate to our adoption!


I write on the most varied, and well... sometimes quite odd topics. I am a mom to three, soon to be four amazing kiddos. I am the wife of the only man in the world who can melt me, frustrate me, teach me, mold me, lead me, romance me and drive me a bit crazy. God has saved me from myself, my sins, and my hellbound road, and for that I am forever grateful. I love my King, my kids, my Sweetheart, and the life that Christ has led me to. I am passionate about my faith, healthy living, frugality, adoption, purity, children, and homeschooling, as well as a host of other things. These things do not define me but definitely hold my interest in a conversation! These are also some of the things that I speak about here.