Hello sweet people! This has not been a boring last few months. I have sooo much to blog about and yet..... it's almost so much I cannot put it all into words.
Valerie can't put something into words!?!? I know...shocking ;-)
Anyhow, what I thought I would do it give an update by sort of just laying out things I am thinking on.
I am thinking first and foremost about that FACT that I am a beloved daughter to the One True God, saved by His Grace, and expected to do NOTHING to earn his favor. I know we say that often in Christian circles, but I am realizing I live as though I do not believe it. I do not "think" or "dwell" on it as a reality in my life. So I live as though "one with no hope". Everyday I am being set free by focusing more on Him, less on me and less on other people's lives and walks.
I am also thinking about how awesome it's going to be to see God provide miraculously in the adoption process. The adoption program through South Korea is THE MOST expensive adoption (I think) that you can do. I am moving past fear and guilt as to whether we can afford it or not and moving into trusting God, knowing He provides for the orphans and sets the lonely in families.
I am also thinking about the Grace that has been bestowed upon me through Jesus and how I can relate that to my parenting. This is HUGE for me. I truly am trying to see my expectations of my children through the lens of Grace.
I am also thinking about humility. I think God is in the process of humbling me :-)
It hurts. NO fun, to be sure. But I am starting to get a glimpse of the fact that it may be worth far more than Gold when He is finished.
Things I'm thinking on.
Posted by
Valerie
Friday, July 1, 2011



2 comments:
Oh I'm so glad to read this update! It seems like several people in my blog world are adopting or have adopted children recently. Maybe I'm supposed to learn something about God's nature through reading their stories.
Yay! I'm so glad you're seeing God working in your life...it is an amazing thing!
Jess
Life in the White House
http://nothingshallbeimpossible2005.blogspot.com
Post a Comment