Hello there! Well if you read the last post, you know that things have not been super encouraging this last few months. Lot's of things have fallen through, things just haven't gone right, and I just have not felt like myself lately. But besides the encouragement that I have received from a few sweet sweet ladies, one thing that has consistently put a smile on my face has been the adoption. So I thought I would give you all an update.
We are currently at the end of submitting all our paperwork needed for the "home study". Then a social worker will come out and start the interviews. Once that is complete and all our paperwork is approved, and we get back our background checks, than we will be finished with our Home Study.
At that point then we will wait to be "matched" with a child from South Korea.
There is a small twist in that though. We are doing what is called a Parallel adoption. Meaning we are pursuing the "standard" adoption program AND the "waiting child" adoption program at the same time. So we can wait the 5 months to be matched with a "healthy" child, or in the meantime review children that are available with disabilities. We are praying about this option.
For those who do not know, the Waiting Child program is an adoption program for adopting children with special needs (or older children or sibling groups, but this is almost never the case from Korea. They have primarily infants and toddlers with disabilities). Those special needs are very varied. They can be anything from a birthmark to Down Syndrome, and everything in between. We are not sure what God has planned through all this, but we are leaving ourselves open.
The time frame for all this can change at any moment. We are being told anywhere from 12 to 30 months from now. It seems soooo far off! I cannot believe that my youngest will be AT LEAST 8 by the time we are able to receiver our little one from Korea.
That will be an ADJUSTMENT!
So at this time our prayers are(if you do desire to pray with us)
*That God will provide the funds for this adoption.
*That the child we will adopt is safe and being cared for by loving people right now.
*That God would continue to speak to my heart about His unfailing love for me an my family.
*That some of my hormone issues will be worked out soon.
*That my husband and I would have a weekend soon to get away together and bond. We have been married 9 1/2 years and never taken a vacation alone together.....ever. We are thinking this would be a good time. We need money and a free weekend.
Lord help us :-)
Adoption.
Posted by
Valerie
Saturday, July 9, 2011
Labels: Adoption , Our Family , The Walk



2 comments:
Hello! I saw the word "adoption" and had to click and read. This is wonderful and I do hope everything goes well and God's will be done. I haven't been blogging lately, so upon viewing my list of blogs I follow I was happy to see one from you. I'm so glad you're still blogging and hope that things are now going well for you.
Have a wonderful weekend!
You'll be in my prayers :-)`
Post a Comment