Encouragement.

So where do we go for encouragement? I'm not talking fluffy stuff. I am talking soul shaking, heart healing, truthful love that comes from the Father through a Sister in Christ. I have been so discouraged lately with some things going on. Not to the point of utter despair or hopelessness, but.....pretty close to it. Most of these things are are internal "pruning" type things. Things God is working out in me. Things that are going on in my heart and mind that honestly, most people either don't understand or don't care to.
So I ask again, when you are going through these dark nights of the soul, where do you turn?

Recently I have found a lot of comfort in a blog, of all places. Sounds just plain silly but this woman has truly spoken to me, encouraged me, and laid her life out on her little piece of cyber space to encourage women going through some of these thoughts. Her blog is called "Journey to Beloved". And that is exactly where I am seeking to be. To see myself not just as His follower, but as His BELOVED. I feel lately that I am not beloved to any one. Doesn't every person, especially every girl, long to be someones beloved? What an endearing term that is. I am learning. I am listening to Him. But I also hear the words of the evil one who speaks and says I am not worthy. I am not beloved. I am nothing. But the voice of Him who loves my soul is winning. I am listening for that voice who says "I WILL CALL THOSE WHO WERE NOT MY PEOPLE, ‘MY PEOPLE,’ AND HER WHO WAS NOT BELOVED, ‘BELOVED.’” (Romans 9:25)
I am learning. I am listening. Thank you so Julie at Journey to Beloved. You are helping me on my journey.

2 comments:

I am His Beloved July 8, 2011 at 8:15 AM  

Oooh! Love the new look here! Love YOU! I am so beyond humbled and honored to know you. You are a joy, a light- you give hope. Keep walking in the Father's love for you sweet friend. I believe in you! You are deeply, wildly loved!

mosey July 10, 2011 at 8:37 PM  

Praying for you... :)

Donate to our adoption!


I write on the most varied, and well... sometimes quite odd topics. I am a mom to three, soon to be four amazing kiddos. I am the wife of the only man in the world who can melt me, frustrate me, teach me, mold me, lead me, romance me and drive me a bit crazy. God has saved me from myself, my sins, and my hellbound road, and for that I am forever grateful. I love my King, my kids, my Sweetheart, and the life that Christ has led me to. I am passionate about my faith, healthy living, frugality, adoption, purity, children, and homeschooling, as well as a host of other things. These things do not define me but definitely hold my interest in a conversation! These are also some of the things that I speak about here.