In the midst of personal stress, be it emotional, spiritual, marital, or health (and in some cases many of these at the same time), how do you stay focused?
Lately I have felt the Lord prompt my heart to stay focused on Him, Him alone, and The blessings He has given me.
I started to realize that in times like these, I needed to have on blinders to the distractions or even just distracting thoughts in my life. I needed to see Him and focus on that. So I did.
When thoughts came asking "Am I good enough wife?"
I focused on the fact that God knows all things about me and loves me as His beloved daughter anyway.
When thoughts came asking "Am I good enough mother?"
I focused on the fact the God knows all things about me and loves me as His beloved daughter anyway.
When thoughts came asking "Will I be everything the child we adopt needs?"
I focused on the fact the God knows all things about me and loves me as His beloved daughter anyway.
When thoughts came asking "Will my health continue to deteriorate and rob me of vitality and youth?"
I focused on the fact that God is good and has his plans all worked out.
When thoughts came asking "Do Jake and I have a strong enough marriage to make it through?"
I focused on the fact that God is good and has his plans all worked out.
You see where I am going with this right?
It sounds silly at first. Like I'm repeating phrases to "change" something. But it wasn't like that at all. It was taking my eyes off the world and placing them on things above! (Col 3:10)
It worked too. :-)
So my advice when your heart and head seem to be at war with you.....
Look at what God has blessed you with and Thank HIM.
Work on something that keeps your hands busy.
And most importantly BREATH HIM IN, and rest in His promises.
Staying focused.
Posted by
Valerie
Tuesday, July 19, 2011



1 comments:
Great post about staying focused on God and His will when we're a bit overwhelmed. Keeping our hands busy is a good anecdote to mental turmoil!
Wishing to best for you, dear!
Post a Comment