I love when you ask someone how they are doing and they say "I can't complain...". Then they go on and say how much the Lord has blessed them recently. I can't help but think to myself though...."well I can". Complain, that is. I mean we always CAN complain, we just choose NOT TO. And really that is why I believe the scriptures encourage us to rejoice always, because God knows, WE CAN COMPLAIN. Even when we have no real good reason. I had been feeling very "complainy" (is that a word?) dealing with my bitterness and selfishness. But since God has been so faithful in helping me grow in maturity and humility recently I have realized that complaining is a symptom of old habits. Habits I am ever so eager to be rid of.
I feel like women sometimes need an "I can't complain...." holiday. Like when anyone asks you how you are, answer with "I can't complain....really. My husband is not a perfect but man he tries. My kids are healthy and are growing their cute little sinful selves into maturity and wisdom more and more everyday. I have good friends and a great church. God has saved me from my sinful self and right now I am going to go eat a delicious meal and maybe later I will make myself a cup of coffee, just because I can"
W O W. What would our faces look like if a woman answered that way? When asked "How are you?".
Could you imagine if we all just listed off all the things we have NOT to complain about? It would be contagious! Sadly, complaining is also contagious. One woman starts and next thing you know we are all trading woes.
Don't get me wrong, I believe there is totally a time and place for that! I mean we all need a good woman to hear our heartaches and failures from time to time.
But for some of us that's ALL the time. As Christians, this should not be.
To conclude, I am doing well, and although I would like sometimes to complain about my PCOS, and infertility, and blah blah blah. I won't. I won't because.....
I serve a God who is gracious, forgiving, amazing, and patient.
I have a good man for a husband who loves God.
I have two of the best kids in the world.
I am not bedridden and have fairly good health.
I have access to great healthy food and can actually afford to buy it.
I am living in a very cute apartment and I am even about to buy a house.
I have a car to transport me to the store, to church, and to my friends.
I am blessed to be able to stay home and homeschool my children. They are more fun than I ever imagined!!
Lord, help us all complain less, and serve more!
Large Family Homeschool Life – Week 39 of 2026
4 weeks ago



3 comments:
I love it! I was given a recipe box with all the verses by topic like this but I disliked the idea of opening something other than the actual Bible in training moments... (even though it was scripture) THIS is perfect!
Hear! Hear!
That is neat. I want to hear more about these science books you wrote me about. If you can let me know more...Or what website. Miss you!!
Post a Comment