The CURE!!

I have had the most astounding revelation this week. As you know from the previous post I have been facing an emotional battle for a while now. The battle had to to do with Selfishness and bitterness. I knew in my heart and from the Word, and from the conviction of my soul, that I needed to stop feeling that way. But HOW to stop a feeling was beyond me. I begged and pleaded with God to "give me a new heart of flesh and take away from me my heart of stone". Yet the very next day I would wake up and feel the heaviness of it in my heart. Why would it not go away? Surely if a servant asks of the Lord something so honorable He would oblige, would He not? The answer is NO. He would not. Not when He had already laid out the cure.
I will spare the ridiculously embarrassing details for another day and another blog post, but basically, while doing something so completely normal, God spoke to my heart in that gentle way that only He can do. It was a moving of my spirit that simply said for me to do something that was opposite of what I was going to do. It wasn't until I heard the urgings to basically step back and be more self-less rather than selfish in the particular situation, that I realized he was giving me a choice. A choice to choose me, or choose His way. The way of the servant. AWWWWWWW it HIT ME! The cure is Humility! The cure is self sacrifice!
Duh
Duh
Duh

How could I think that I was living for Him, while daily, living for myself? It's really amazing how simple and easy the yoke is to bear. Humility and selflessness are choices. Choices that we make that walk out the words of Jesus..... "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."

It has been an awesome time of refreshing for me. After every choice that I make to choose the role of servant rather than "Queen Valerie" I feel infinitely better. Set free is actually a more appropriate description.

Our God is so awesome, amazing, and yet.....so simple. I love that about Him. Don't you?

So I find that scriptures like "If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him. "
encourages me greatly to stay on the path of humility and dying to ones self. Lord Help this spoiled girl to become a good and faithful servant! :)

My conclusion is this, WHATEVER THE PROBLEM IS, THE CURE IS HUMILITY.

1 comments:

Alisha January 29, 2011 at 7:28 PM  

I love reading your posts Valerie! I can imagine sitting around drinking coffee hearing you say these words. I'm reading an amazing book right now, one that I had no idea would be as eye-opening/life-changing as it is. It's Large Family Logistics, which seems rather straightforward, but the entire first half is devoted to heart issues and getting yourself right (in everyway) with God before the logistics of raising a large family. Seriously, the book should have a different title, because every Christian mother, regardless of family size, should read this book. I haven't gotten to the second half yet, but I highly recommend it. Every word she writes is backed up with scripture. And with real ideas to make the changes needed, it's so practical.

Donate to our adoption!


I write on the most varied, and well... sometimes quite odd topics. I am a mom to three, soon to be four amazing kiddos. I am the wife of the only man in the world who can melt me, frustrate me, teach me, mold me, lead me, romance me and drive me a bit crazy. God has saved me from myself, my sins, and my hellbound road, and for that I am forever grateful. I love my King, my kids, my Sweetheart, and the life that Christ has led me to. I am passionate about my faith, healthy living, frugality, adoption, purity, children, and homeschooling, as well as a host of other things. These things do not define me but definitely hold my interest in a conversation! These are also some of the things that I speak about here.