Can I admit, that things are hard? That fostering is hard? It is. We have not even hit the 24 hour mark, and things are difficult. There are lots of little issues that I feel confident to deal with, but the hard ones, are the ones that effect my own children. My daughter, is my helper, my sweetie, my worrier, is taking it so hard. Not in the way you would naturally think. She feels so sorry for these sweet children that her empathy has caused tears already three time. But she also feels shame that she is already having a hard time dealing with all the crying that little "T" has been doing lately. I have explained to her that it is normal for him to cry a lot, and to throw fits. I also told her that it is normal for her to feel sorry, and angry, and scared, all at the same time. I feel the same way. She is clinging to me for comfort, and also retreating from realty by sneaking off and putting her nose into a book. Does this scare me? Absolutely. Is it very possible this will all calm down with a few days of good routine and getting to know one another? It's possible. We will see how it goes. All I know now is things are hard. I am praying for strength from our Heavenly Father, for strength in taking care of the least of these, but also taking care of the ones God had entrusted to me. Be praying for us too, will ya?
More to come on this fostering update. I only squeezed this one in because both foster children happen to be sleeping.
Till then.
Can I admit...
Posted by
Valerie
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Labels: Adoption , Our Family



2 comments:
I can't imagine the tremendous adjustment all of you are going through! Praying for you.
I will pray for you. Yes it is hard, adopted kis or bio. Lauren has not been easy at all. Nothing to do with her race but her sassy personality. I am realizing that it is not about me though. It is about us doing what God asked us to do even when it is hard. He never said it would be easy. Out of the hardest trials God is present and he is refining us. Of course I love her like I do J and D. It is has not been easy at all though. 3 kids is so hard I can't imagine 4. Hang in there and know God will only give you what you can handle. You are a awesome mother and person and I miss your zest for life and for Christ!!
Post a Comment