Birth Mom.and doctor apt.

Tomorrow, my husband and I are taking lunch to the birth mother and father of our future son.  This is far beyond anything I had imagined I would be doing in this journey.  As so many of you know, I was researching and planning and on board with international adoption for sooooooo long that the thought of "birth mother" rarely crossed my mind.  I thought "orphanage" and plenty of other words and scenarios, but birth mom?  Not so much.  But then things changed.  God just abruptly picked us up off one path and deposited us on another.

 I want to love her and show her that love with my actions, but how do I do that without....well.....freaking her out??
Truly, I don't know what it will be like to sit and have a meal at their house tomorrow.  Will it be awkward? Maybe.  Will I have a clue what I am doing?  NO way.  But I know God must guide us, to be for them, what we need to be.  I just want to wrap my arms around her, yet I am so afraid.  Afraid of what she might think or interpret, afraid I will push her away with my love.  But here goes.  We officially meet tomorrow. Following the meal I will go with her to her doctor appointment, and she will decide in the waiting room whether or not she wants me to go in the room with her.  Pray for Jake and I.  Pray for the birth Mother and Father.  Here we go........

2 comments:

Katie November 9, 2011 at 4:06 PM  

Let me know how it weant, how exciting. May God continue to Bless your hearts your amazing.

Anonymous November 13, 2011 at 5:06 AM  

I feel so helpless here in Arkanss. If there is anything I can do for you, Valerie, please let me know. Prayers....you already have those from me! I'll keep checking back....I love you!-Stephanie

Donate to our adoption!


I write on the most varied, and well... sometimes quite odd topics. I am a mom to three, soon to be four amazing kiddos. I am the wife of the only man in the world who can melt me, frustrate me, teach me, mold me, lead me, romance me and drive me a bit crazy. God has saved me from myself, my sins, and my hellbound road, and for that I am forever grateful. I love my King, my kids, my Sweetheart, and the life that Christ has led me to. I am passionate about my faith, healthy living, frugality, adoption, purity, children, and homeschooling, as well as a host of other things. These things do not define me but definitely hold my interest in a conversation! These are also some of the things that I speak about here.