Update first: "Sandy" (the Birth Mother) is doing better, she had several blood transfusions, and many more other medical complications that happened, and are still happening, but she is alive. For that I am so very grateful. I went to visit her a few days ago, and I knew God was calling me to just sit with her and be her friend for a bit. We talked, but mostly I listened. God has overwhelmed my soul with compassion for this woman. I cannot even begin to fathom what it is like to be in her shoes. To be homebound and in her thirties, is something that is devastating for her. But the hardest part is her children. She loves them so. Several are in different homes because she cannot care for them, all of whom she misses and loves terribly. Now this precious little Ethan, whom she cannot keep or care for, is breaking her heart. She tries to hide it and puts on the biggest bravest front. She says she wont let herself get attached. She says if she does it will crush her so she convinces herself that she is not attached. I was with her during her ultrasound and I can tell you......She is already attached. I know she cannot admit what that would mean for her. Could I, if it were me? My heart cries to make her life better. How? I ask God this often as of late. Sometimes He says to go visit her, sometimes he says "buy her a sweater", but mostly He says to "love". Love. Love is God and Love transcends all this mess of a world we live in. Pray for me as I continue to focus on God's love for me and the Grace that has been given to me through Christ, so that out of that, love can flow through me to the precious fertile ground that is this woman's heart. Pray also, as I have asked from the beginning, for her health and the health of the precious little baby Ethan, my son. She is truly a "high risk" pregnancy, and it is a miracle of God little Ethan has hung in this long.
Adopted for Life....and an update :-)
Posted by
Valerie
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Adopted for Life: I cannot say enough about this book. It is awesome and truly captures adoption in the light of what God has done for us. I would love to make this book my first book giveaway! I have never done one of these before but a precious dear friend of mine is so passionate about adoption that her and her husband have purchased this book in bulk and have given me several copies to give away! So, leave a comment and I will randomly select a winner and send you out a brand new copy of Adopted for Life!
Labels: Adoption , Faith , Our Family , The Walk




5 comments:
My best friend has been struggling for the past 4 years with her rush decision to get her tubes tied. She has regretted it every moment and now feels the Lord may have adoption in her family's future. I would LOVE to be able to give this book to her. If I win, It goes to Amy!
Haha! I didn't even realize this was a drawing until I read the other comment.
I'm loving watching this story unfold. It is so beautiful. I'm sure there are times when it is no fun but God is just going to blow us all away with His ways!
I've heard wonderful things about the book. I'd just like to read it.
I love your heart Valerie!!
My heart breaks for *sandy*
This looks like a wonderful book!!
Xo
Christen
I already have the book....the same dear friends gave me a copy. =)
I want to say what a joy and enormous blessing it is to watch you walk this path God has ordained so perfectly for you and your family.
Post a Comment