Who says God's not funny?

I cannot tell you how many times God has whispered something, or led me to read something, that just made me laugh hysterically. He has a sense of humur, of that I am sure.
I believe we often think of God in one form. That of.....well..... GOD. With big'ol capital letters. Yes He is awesome in power, Mighty, Holy, maker of all things, The One true God and Judge of the universe, but He also..... laughs, smiles, and weeps.
It was one of those nights, where things just weren't going my way. Nothing terrible, just trouble finding a good balance in my relationship with my husband. That frustration led me to plaguing doubts about "US". My husband picked up on my attitude and promptly called me out on it. I was frustrated with that because in all honesty, I believed him to be most of the cause. (I know, I know)
Anyhow, he was a little sharp with me, I was a little perturbed with him, and we finally laid down in bed to settle in for sleep. He grabbed his crossword puzzle, I grabbed my Bible (partially just to show him what an AWESOME Christian I was).

I flipped around the Word of God, honestly saying to myself "Maybe I will read a Psalm....uhhhh... *sigh*....I have read the Psalms soooo many times before....*again another sigh*. What new thing could God possible say in these old words of David that will speak to me tonight?"

So I decided to read the Psalm I was on, while in my heart debating telling my hubby how I really feel.....
This is what God said through Psalm 4 starting in verse 4
" 4 Tremble and do not sin;
when you are on your beds,
search your hearts and be silent.
5 Offer the sacrifices of the righteous
and trust in the LORD.

6 Many, LORD, are asking, “Who will bring us prosperity?”
Let the light of your face shine on us.
7 Fill my heart with joy
when their grain and new wine abound.

8 In peace I will lie down and sleep,
for you alone, LORD,
make me dwell in safety. "

Of course the whole Psalm is wonderful, and the Lord was gracious to tell me that He will work it all out, and that through trusting in Him I could sleep in peace....BUT....I am CERTAIN the part He was MOST wanting me to read was the the part where it said "In your bed search your heart and BE SILENT". hahahaha
Our God is awesome, but don't forget he pulls no punches in letting us know how to behave :)
I love Him.
Lord, Help me daily to hold my tongue, trust in your, and sleep in peace. Amen

0 comments:

Donate to our adoption!


I write on the most varied, and well... sometimes quite odd topics. I am a mom to three, soon to be four amazing kiddos. I am the wife of the only man in the world who can melt me, frustrate me, teach me, mold me, lead me, romance me and drive me a bit crazy. God has saved me from myself, my sins, and my hellbound road, and for that I am forever grateful. I love my King, my kids, my Sweetheart, and the life that Christ has led me to. I am passionate about my faith, healthy living, frugality, adoption, purity, children, and homeschooling, as well as a host of other things. These things do not define me but definitely hold my interest in a conversation! These are also some of the things that I speak about here.