What Blog?

Hey all, where have you been??? I miss you all so much. Blog world is funny, kind, inspiring, and gives all sorts of great advice, but you must have one magic ingredient.....TIME. Lately, time is sort of a funny thing. Getting ready for this move (I move Monday), I have seen "time" shift in crazy ways. Gone are the days of routine. Now the days are a crazy mix of chaotic non-stop "to-do" lists, and then times of completely having nothing to do. However, as usual, God has taught me much during these times (as with all times). I have seen that when I am not soooo busy, I am loving just taking time to spend with my husband (who is not working currently) and kids. Just drinking them in ya know? We are having a good time, even in the midst of the stress. I am not saying we have not had stressful days, because we have (My friend Adena, can attest to that)!
However I love watching God bring us closer together, even through the really hard stuff. Anything really stressful like, being unemployed, planning a move, dealing with family drama, and trying to sell a house, causes my hubby and I to get a little bit crazy irritable. I wish we could claim we really had this whole marriage thing figured out, we don't. But I do know we serve a gracious God who delivers us from the paths of selfishness and worry that we put ourselves on, and puts us back on the "better" road, for His sake and ours. To sum it up, things have been crazy over here, but God is faithful. I miss bloggy world like you would not believe, but I just don't have the time. Hopefully I will hear from you all very very soon! xoxoxox
Val

3 comments:

Celee November 19, 2009 at 12:25 PM  

I can't wait to hear that you're finally getting all moved and settled. I know being in limbo is hard. Want to know my crazy suggestion to help tame the chaos? We started school at 6:15 this morning. It's been the best day! Now my 2 older kids are at piano then I take my girls to a birthday party then swim team then my m-i-l's party here. But, I'm not stressed at all, because we're already done with school for the day!!! I know I may be singing a different tune tomorrow, but then the weekend will come and we can sleep in a little:) Oops, I forgot I'm driving to Midland at 5 am. Oh, well.

Valerie November 19, 2009 at 1:02 PM  

Thanks Celee, what a great idea! Seriously, I should do that. It would make the day go much smoother. Although today we are getting a new roof put on, so it wouldn't have mattered WHAT time I started, we would have heard "whack! smack! Whack whack!" all day long. not quite the homeschooling atmosphere I enjoy. :)

Katie November 26, 2009 at 6:25 PM  

So sorry to hear things are slow. I was for sure you had your house sold. Hopefully soon. We sold our house in Greenwood between Thankgiving and Christmas. I will be praying for you and for my parents who are moving from NM to Pennsylvania. So happy about that. They will miss Skip though..Miss you girl.

Donate to our adoption!


I write on the most varied, and well... sometimes quite odd topics. I am a mom to three, soon to be four amazing kiddos. I am the wife of the only man in the world who can melt me, frustrate me, teach me, mold me, lead me, romance me and drive me a bit crazy. God has saved me from myself, my sins, and my hellbound road, and for that I am forever grateful. I love my King, my kids, my Sweetheart, and the life that Christ has led me to. I am passionate about my faith, healthy living, frugality, adoption, purity, children, and homeschooling, as well as a host of other things. These things do not define me but definitely hold my interest in a conversation! These are also some of the things that I speak about here.