Our perfect family evening






I have to admit, I'm an old fuddy duddy sometimes. I struggle with my age. I am 28 but often times feel as though I am well into my forties.I lived a crazy life for a while there as a teen. I won't go into the extreme or the horribly personal, but mostly it was bad. From 16 to 19, I lived as the young man lived in the story of the prodigal son. I squandered all I had, I smoked, I drank, partied, tattooed and pierced myself (often), and finally had something happen to me that brought me to my knees. Luckily, that's exactly where GOD is! To say the least I was saved, to say more, I was changed and so was my entire life. It was not extremely fast. It was slow, just me and God taking it one step at a time. Each time He whispered into my ear, "don't you think it's time to give this up Valerie?" I quit smoking at 19 and quit drinking at 20, just shy of the legal age to start. Flash forward 8 years and now this is what I consider a GREAT time.
Doing a puzzle with my two sweet kids and the hubby. I love those nights. The nights where nobody is on the computer, and everyone just want's to sit and be together. I wish I could say this happens every night. It does not. My hubby and I have bad habits of selfishness and often (prepare yourselves!) even laziness when it comes to really good quality time together. I think its because we homeschool we feel we are "around" each other all the time. Which is true, but quantity time is not a replacement for Quality. So at the end of the day it's true, this tattooed wild child, now loves nothing more than just being together with my family, knowing God is there with us, loving us, and willing us to love each other.

2 comments:

Celee November 10, 2009 at 7:59 PM  

Isn't God good? I was just thinking tonight after finishing our Pursuit of Holiness study that I am so grateful that God didn't reveal all my "issues" to me all at once when I was first saved. He grows me bit by bit, gently leading me. I don't think I would have predicted a few years ago that I would be homeschooling my kids and really love and look forward to our read aloud time together each day, but I do. God is good! Btw, I like your sidebar.

Momma Bug November 11, 2009 at 10:00 PM  

Ahh... It is as a refreshing drink of water to hear once again how Gracious is my Lord.
And He loves even me:-)

Looks like you know how to have a good time!

Love,
Analene

Donate to our adoption!


I write on the most varied, and well... sometimes quite odd topics. I am a mom to three, soon to be four amazing kiddos. I am the wife of the only man in the world who can melt me, frustrate me, teach me, mold me, lead me, romance me and drive me a bit crazy. God has saved me from myself, my sins, and my hellbound road, and for that I am forever grateful. I love my King, my kids, my Sweetheart, and the life that Christ has led me to. I am passionate about my faith, healthy living, frugality, adoption, purity, children, and homeschooling, as well as a host of other things. These things do not define me but definitely hold my interest in a conversation! These are also some of the things that I speak about here.