A " new " To Do list.

OK, So today I got in the mail, my very very very favorite magazine. It's called "Above Rubies" and it is totally FREE! I love free stuff by the way. It a magazine that was started by a preachers wife in New Zealand (she now lives in Tennessee) and has been in print for 32 years. They run on donations only so they print when can afford to print. Typically 4 times a year. They are dedicated to keeping it free. If you want to sign up for your free subscription go to http://www.aboverubies.org/.
Anyhow, one of the articles that is in this new issue is about To Do lists. The mother of six who wrote the article said this,

"Mother Teresa said this 'It is not how much you do, but how much love you put in the doing'. This got me thinking. We women are famous for our daunting TO DO lists. what if, instead of making a list at the beginning of the day of all that needs to get accomplished, we turn it around a bit? What if we made a list at the end of the day of all the unseen acts of love? I believe this list would be more telling as to how productive the day actually was. We still need that TO DO list. It keeps us focused and on track, also guides us to accomplishing those things that are our responsibilities. But Maybe we could ad to the tip of that list, after the word "do", with words "in God's timing". Offering up our time to God to be used as He desires is a beautiful act of worship. I'm going to make my list tonight and I encourage you to do the same. I think you'll be amazed to see how much love you put in your doing today. Similarly, if you don't have a lot to add to that LOVE list but you got lot accomplished from the days TO DO list, keep that in mind when writing out the next day's list. Maybe "love a little bit more" should be at the TOP of that one."

I definitely need a "little more love" at the top of my list. How bout you ladies? God specifically pricked my heart last night (hours before I received the magazine) to be more sensitive, loving and gentle to my kind spirited, people pleasing, sometimes in the way, daughter. God replayed for me in my mind last night, all the times she tried to help yesterday, but how many time I just saw her as "in the way". Thank you God for showing me how to love as you love. Help me to put it into practice with my children.

0 comments:

Donate to our adoption!


I write on the most varied, and well... sometimes quite odd topics. I am a mom to three, soon to be four amazing kiddos. I am the wife of the only man in the world who can melt me, frustrate me, teach me, mold me, lead me, romance me and drive me a bit crazy. God has saved me from myself, my sins, and my hellbound road, and for that I am forever grateful. I love my King, my kids, my Sweetheart, and the life that Christ has led me to. I am passionate about my faith, healthy living, frugality, adoption, purity, children, and homeschooling, as well as a host of other things. These things do not define me but definitely hold my interest in a conversation! These are also some of the things that I speak about here.