Kids Room.

OK, so a while back (about a year and a half ago) I typed out a post about how great it was for kids to share a room. I still think its great, and I think it teaches a lot about life when they do. However, a few months after that post was written we moved into a MUCH larger house that had 4 bedrooms (and only four people in our family). So we decided this would be a good time to let the kids have their own bedrooms. They did, they enjoyed it.......it didn't last long. Before we knew it (9 months later) we were moving again and this time from a 2000 square foot house with a garage, to a 1000 square foot apartment with two bedrooms. Needless to say the transition from sharing to not sharing, is way easier then not sharing to sharing. Did that make any sense what so ever? Probably not. What I am saying is that "stuff" accumulates when you have a whole room to fill. But when you try and take two filled rooms and attempt to condense that into one small room, things have to go. We were able to get rid of a lot of stuff and in the end the kids room ended up looking halfway decent instead of cluttered with things exploding out of every crevice. Although I do have to say the room does hold a remarkable amount of "stuff".
So how do you do it? Very carefully :)





And since the two who are sharing are opposites in gender, one got to put flowers on the wall.......



And the other got to put dinosaur stickers on the door. See, Mom's can solve all the worlds big problems.

3 comments:

Beaubecky October 11, 2010 at 6:44 AM  

NICE! I like the oraganization! :)

Celee October 13, 2010 at 5:45 AM  

Looks like you've made very good use of space- especially in the closet! And I love that the bedspreads are his and hers, but the same color scheme. Less is more!

Celee

Unknown October 25, 2010 at 8:20 PM  

I long time ago (I was a wee kid), I saw a show where a brother and sister shared a room.. and it had a curtain which could be pulled down the middle to divide the area. They used bold bright colors in the room- blues and greens on the boys side and greens and pinks on the girls. SUPER cute.. and I remember kinda sorta wishing my brother and I shared a room so we could do that.

Donate to our adoption!


I write on the most varied, and well... sometimes quite odd topics. I am a mom to three, soon to be four amazing kiddos. I am the wife of the only man in the world who can melt me, frustrate me, teach me, mold me, lead me, romance me and drive me a bit crazy. God has saved me from myself, my sins, and my hellbound road, and for that I am forever grateful. I love my King, my kids, my Sweetheart, and the life that Christ has led me to. I am passionate about my faith, healthy living, frugality, adoption, purity, children, and homeschooling, as well as a host of other things. These things do not define me but definitely hold my interest in a conversation! These are also some of the things that I speak about here.