Part 1
Part 2
So as we waited for Tuesday to arrive, we continued to wait on news from the foster to adopt agency, or from the Lawyer in San Diego. Neither came by Tuesday morning, so we brought our homestudy, our paperwork, and our check to the Adoption Agency to proceed with this new plan. We went in, had our meeting, asked some questions, thought a bit more, and dove in. Then the woman doing the meeting, whom we had not met before in our meetings there with precious adoption of Ethan's, asked who our worker was who matched us with Ethan. We told her and she said "Oh, she's here, do you want to meet her?" We said "Of Course!". A few minutes later the precious woman, *Susan, came in the room. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her, and the memories of all our phone calls and prayers over the phone came flooding back to me. She was such an encouragement to me with Ethan's crazy beautiful adoption. So after hugging and gushing memories, and introducing her to the kids, she asked "So you're adopting again?". We said yes, and beamed with new excitement. Excitement we hadn't felt in a long while. The other woman in the room, the Lawyer, said, "Oh they are totally ready. The homestudy is done, they paid their first deposit, they finished the paperwork, they are ready." Then Susan asked "So you're ready ready? I mean totally ready?" I answered, "Yep, we are ready! I mean we have to get things organized and stuff, but we are ready". Thinking in my mind she is asking like, is our house ready, or are we emotionally ready. But then she said it. The eight words that rocked my world..... she said "Because I have a birth mother for you". I stood stunned for a second. Sinking in deep what she had really just said. I literally stood silent for what seemed like an eternity. It was probably only a few seconds, but I felt like time had slowed. Did she really just say what I think she said? I knew they said it would be a quick thing, but 20 minutes after signing the papers??? The same DAY we decided to do this?? I looked at her and asked "Are you serious?" She said, "Yes, I am. I am looking for a match for a sweet precious African American woman in Georgia. She is due in 8 weeks!". Then Susan said "I will be right back!" and ran and got the file that was sitting on her desk. We learned more about the birth mother, but new already our answer was yes. How could it not be?
We did ask some questions like "Are you sure she is OK with placing her baby with a white family?" and things like that. She said she would send our file to the Birth Mother and find out her answer soon. So we waited (ahhhhh waiting......that is adoptions middle name). We waited a few days and found out she said yes to us.
We praise God for bringing this situation. For the life of this precious boy. For the life of his momma and his three brothers. We know that although we have already talked to this woman and fallen in love with her, and even though we text with her fairly consistently, that this might all not work out. We could drive to Georgia, and she could change her mind. She could be changing her mind right now, for all we know. There are no guarantees in adoption. We could hold, snuggle, love, feed and praise God for our sweet baby when he is born, and have him for days and someone could still call us up one day, and say, I am sorry, we have to come take the baby now, she wants him back. And not only would we have to accept that, but we would know she is completely within her rights to do that. We do not know the future, but we press on towards our plans to drive to Georgia and await the birth of our son. Will he be healthy? Will we get to hold him right away, or will we have to wait for a days? Will she change her mind? Will she be OK? None of this is answered in advance for us. We walk by faith, and not by sight. We press on, knowing that God is good, and not matter what happens, He saw it before hand and will walk us through it. I have little confidence in this world, but I have TRUST in my God. He will be with me. HE will walk this road with us, as scary and as exciting as it may be, we are not alone.
I'll keep you updated :-) In the meantime.......would you prayerfully consider helping with the overwhelming financial costs of this adoption? The program was discounted, praise God, but the interstate adoption agencies and paperwork is NOT. The travel for us is working out to be quite expensive as well, seeing that we must remain in Georgia for close to a week or longer to wait for the ICPC to be released from Georgia to California, and be accepted by California. ICPC is a paper that must be received and signed by both state agencies before we can leave Georgia. This paper alone by the way costs $1000. Just one piece of paper.
Some ways to give:
~ One way is to buy our fundraising necklace from the Jubilees Jewels . Our fundraising necklace is called "Every good gift..." taken from the scripture verse James 1:17
~Another way to give with just one click at our fundraising site on adopttogether.org which is..
https://www.adopttogether.org/esparzafamily/
~And lastly, if you are crafty, you can donate to our Craft sale! Do you enjoy making Pinterest creations? Do you sew, knit, crochet, paint, or make anything else cool that someone might buy? If so you can message me at sgtswife03@yahoo.com for my address and send me something to sell at my Fundraising sale coming up on Saturday August 3rd.
Thank you so much for your emotional, physical, prayerful, and financial support!
And then God changed everything....part 3
Posted by
Valerie
Sunday, July 14, 2013
Labels: Adoption , Our Family



0 comments:
Post a Comment