WOW, that was a crazy roller coaster of a time. These last 9 weeks have been trying! But I am back now, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. I have learned so much lately, all the sleeplessness, worry about the baby, and breakdowns have all been worth it.
I should say first off, thank you to any of you who prayed for me or Ethan, or both of us. Ethan is doing soooooo much better, and the off flow of that is I AM DOING better too :-)
It turned out that not only was he having digestive issues, but also continual ear infections. We first found out about his ear infections by chance at the doctors office several weeks ago. We had no clue! We had not even suspected ear infections for his pain, since he showed so many signs that it was his tummy. And although his tummy did (and sometimes still does) hurt, I am certain his double ear infection hurt far worse. We did ten days of antibiotics. I assumed it went away but when we took him back he still had fluid behind both ears and one ear was still very infected. So now we are on a much stronger antibiotic which really really seems to be helping. Bless his little heart!
He is letting his precious beautiful little personality come out now, and finally feels well enough to flash us a smile from time to time. He is just wonderful. He is also letting me sleep a bit more at night, which is helping me face our days with much more gusto!
I really slipped into a depression there for a little while. I guess it was a mix between my hormones being off ( I had to go off my bio-identical hormone therapy while breastfeeding), not coping with stress well, lack of sleep, and sadly......lack of prayer and being in the Word.
The baby stopped breastfeeding several weeks ago (he just wouldn't do it anymore, he would scream when I put him to the breast, he just far preferred the bottle since my milk was decreasing), so I went back on my bio-identical hormone therapy. Also, I am making it a point to comfort myself with prayer, and the bible, rather than TV or sugar. Speaking of sugar, I am taking the 30 day no sugar challenge! We are super excited (it's always funny when your super excited the first couple of days! ha!)
So that is pretty much the things going on in this house. We are learning to adjust, and just dwell in the moment of loving one another. I leave you with this precious picture to show how much better sweet little one is getting......
Large Family Homeschool Life – Week 39 of 2026
4 weeks ago




1 comments:
How precious! He's beautiful! And I am so glad to hear you are doing well. And while breast is said to be best, I also know that it's not for everyone and there are some perfecly happy and healthy babies being bottle fed. It's okay. What's important is that he is loved and wanted!
And I've found praise to be the cure for depression. I know prayer and Bible study are good, and I guess praise is sort of a form of prayer, but it seems to me that the law of sewing and reaping applies to our praises. When we continually walk in an attitude of thanksgiving and praise He seems to give us more and more to be thankful for and to praise Him for.
But - the opposite works, too. If we contantly grumble and complain is seems we get more and more to grumble and complain about. You can watch people's facebook status's and see this to be true. The ones always giving thanks continue to be blessed and the ones who whine and complain keep having problems. Watch and see.
Post a Comment