I am wondering if all my blog posts for the next few months will be entitled "updates"? It seems I am lacking the time and heart energy to devote myself to blogging temporarily due to the great needs that are surrounding me. This is good. Oh so good. I tend to be a self focused person, so focusing on the needs of others (i.e. training my children, homeschooilng, trying to find a way to take care of the basic human needs of "Sandy") is what God knew I needed. Sometimes I lack showing any good fruit that the Lord has to trans-plant a bud right there on my branch so all I have to do is watch it grow.
So the update is the birth mom is still being denied so much of what she needs to live even a decent quality of life. I have been praying for help for her, as I am aware there is only so much I can physically do. I prayed and God has brought some amazing people in answer to that prayer. My Mom has been deeply moved and very disturbed and Sandy's way of life. My mom has now generously decided to pay for a caregiver for Sandy. That took an ad in Craigslist and days and days of emails, sorting, phone calls, and decisions on who to pick. We picked a lovely woman who is going to love Sandy and take care of her basic needs. We are so excited she has someone there looking after her and making meals for her. Also several precious sister in Christ have bought her other child still living in her home some items for Christmas that I just know she will love. On top of that my home group has decided to have a huge garage sale in which all proceeds will go to helping Sandy. I am feeling blessed, so blessed to be able to take part in helping, and YET......there is still so much to be done. So much hopelessness I feel. But then I set my mind on Christ and know that he loves her and will provide. He always does. There are several other situations that I truly would love to share now, but just cannot until I talk about them with her. Just be in prayer for our family. We have a lot of BIG decisions that need to be made. A lot that depend on God deciding, NOT US. Until then we are greatly looking forward to the arrival of our precious new son Ethan. We cannot wait to hold him! So far he is still alive and we are so very grateful for that. He is a miracle!
Prayers:
Transportation for Sandy to get to doctors appointments (I cannot lift her and I don't have a wheelchair accessible van)
Decisions for Jake and I involving our family.
Health and safety for my children, myself, my husband, Sandy and Ethan.
until then.
update.
Posted by
Valerie
Monday, December 19, 2011
Labels: Adoption , Faith , Our Family



0 comments:
Post a Comment