Getting simpler.

Things have been getting simpler as of late.  Although there are still many things that are "complicated", several hard decisions have been made for us recently.  One of the things I asked in the previous post for, was for prayer covering around some hard decisions we were having to make.  One of those decisions came to us when we found out that the birth mother's other son was placed for adoption through the state Foster Care system.  We were distraught over the thought of this little one (five years old) who has been in foster care since he was one year old, being put up for adoption finally and having his current foster family place him back into the system because they did not want to adopt him.  This is a five year old, that I knew to have at least 4 homes (that I know about) in his short little life.  Jake and I started praying and discussing adopting him, if the county would let us.  But then, a week later, we found out that the county had already found him a forever family that was willing to adopt him, and he had gone to live with them.  Although all of this was greatly distressing to the birth mother (she was really hoping to convince the courts to give him back to her), we were relieved that he would finally have a permanent home life.  So the decision was made for us.
 Another distressing complicated decision we have had lately has been "how much" to take care of Sandy.  So far, I have offered her my listening ear, my friendship, my love, a little bit of money towards groceries, transportation to her doctors appointments, and my Mom has generously decided to hire a care giver 3-4 times a week to come in and cook for Sandy, bathe her, change her clothes, clean, and prep meals for her that are available for her on the days that she (the caregiver) is not there.  I have wanted to do more though.  Sandy's roommate/baby's daddy/ "caregiver" is truly taking advantage of her.  I want her to stand for herself, to stand up to this man who takes her money and gives her almost no care at all.  But as of now, it is up to Sandy, and I have decided to just pray for that situation.  She needs to be the one to make that decision, I cannot do it for her.  The mother in me wants to protect her, but I can't.  Until the point comes that more needs to be done, all I can do is love.  I pray that I can do that well.

She is now in 33 weeks pregnant and the baby should be coming in the end of January.   Please please please continue to pray that she DOES NOT go into labor at home.  AS I have stated before, this can and very likely would be, a life and death situation for her and for the baby.   I cannot wait to post pictures of our precious new SON!  What a beautiful, blessed day that will be.  But another wonderful day I hope to see is the day this woman who has seen very little love in her life, accepts THE ONE who IS love.  The day she accepts the love and forgiveness of her awesome Heavenly father will be a great and glorious day indeed!

   Until then, I am busy tending to the needs of my precious two at home, my husband who sometimes needs just as much care ;-), and trying to help assist Sandy in her life as well.  I am so thankful to each and every one of you who read this blog and who commit to praying for us, our new son, and the precious lost birth mother.

2 comments:

Celee December 28, 2011 at 9:13 AM  

Love you and praying for your little one and his birth mother.

Celee

mosey January 4, 2012 at 6:36 PM  

continuing to pray.. thankful the Lord is answering prayers as you walk this journey as well.

Donate to our adoption!


I write on the most varied, and well... sometimes quite odd topics. I am a mom to three, soon to be four amazing kiddos. I am the wife of the only man in the world who can melt me, frustrate me, teach me, mold me, lead me, romance me and drive me a bit crazy. God has saved me from myself, my sins, and my hellbound road, and for that I am forever grateful. I love my King, my kids, my Sweetheart, and the life that Christ has led me to. I am passionate about my faith, healthy living, frugality, adoption, purity, children, and homeschooling, as well as a host of other things. These things do not define me but definitely hold my interest in a conversation! These are also some of the things that I speak about here.