Update....again.

I think you will be getting a lot of these in the next few weeks and months. As most of you know we just shifted from a very slow international adoption process to a very quick domestic adoption process. We JUST today found out that our current international agency that we have been working with, has agreed to convert our home study from international to domestic. This is huge. We were hopeful in the beginning that they would convert it, but the more we talked to the agency, the more it looked like they would not do it for us. This was told to us by four separate individuals who worked in the agency. My husband looked at me and said "babe, if they won't do it, then we cannot afford to do another homestudy and we will just have to take it as a sign from God that we are to wait longer to adopt and stick with international." Which would mean dropping from South Korea (as we know regardless of which adoption we do, is not a good idea at the moment due to the countries threats of closing the program) and waiting until we qualify for China special needs. My heart sunk. After waiting years just to get to a point to be so close, it hurt to think of having to wait longer. I prayed. Then I finally go a hold of the director of our agency (who happens to sincerely dis-like us :-), and she told me today that she would convert our homestudy........... FOR FREE........ THIS WEEK. It was a MIRACLE. I could say a lot more, but I don't want to put down the agency. Let's just say it was clearly the work of God. Sooooooo the plan is, get the 5% loan we have agreed to get, turn in our money and paperwork to the domestic agency Friday, put together our profile in two weeks, and probably adopt shortly thereafter. I can't believe how fast this is all going. I wouldn't be so excited for the quickness of it all had the lady not told me to prepare to get a child very quickly due to our openness on race and other issues. I was prepared to wait long, and was fine with that. But it is true. So we wait and see. I am picking up my nephews infant carseat that he has outgrown tomorrow, along with some miscellaneous baby things. I have to say, having a 10 and 7 year old sure makes you look around and realize that you have almost nothing for a baby. This should be fun collecting little pieces here and there from friends and family. P.S. if anyone has any good ideas on fund raising to pay off adoption loans, pleas let me know! :-)

2 comments:

Heather Rae October 10, 2011 at 4:11 PM  

Hello my sweet friend,

I'm dropping by to let you know I've started up my blog designing business in case you're interested. My rates are very reasonable and I would just love to create a design for you that stands out from the rest!

My URL is: http://anoriginalbelle.blogspot.com/p/design.html

Contact me with any questions you may have! Take care!

Katie October 11, 2011 at 1:51 PM  

I feel like a bad friend that I have just read this and the switch to domestic. I think you will like domestic adoption and having a baby again. Lauren is a sweetie she was not a easy 2 or 3 but at 4 she is really fun and sweet. She is so healthy too and for that I am greatful. If you have any questions please ask and if you get a AA baby I can't wait to tell you about the hair. I love the hair it is fun to do and not hard. By the way you are creative and could make some stuff to sell on your blog. Think t-shirts? You could by some cute fited t's and get some sort of patch or learn to sew stuff on and sell them for $30 which would help. Hair bows, buttons, jewlery I have seen it all. Craigslist is also good, you could start going to yard sales and reselling for a profit. Who knows I know you will think of something.

Donate to our adoption!


I write on the most varied, and well... sometimes quite odd topics. I am a mom to three, soon to be four amazing kiddos. I am the wife of the only man in the world who can melt me, frustrate me, teach me, mold me, lead me, romance me and drive me a bit crazy. God has saved me from myself, my sins, and my hellbound road, and for that I am forever grateful. I love my King, my kids, my Sweetheart, and the life that Christ has led me to. I am passionate about my faith, healthy living, frugality, adoption, purity, children, and homeschooling, as well as a host of other things. These things do not define me but definitely hold my interest in a conversation! These are also some of the things that I speak about here.