No baby....yet.

We are still waiting. Don't worry, I will let everyone know as soon as we get "the call". We are very very excited for that day. And yet, as excited as I am, I am glad it has not happened yet. I have so much to do! I am totally nesting. I never believed that you could "nest" when you weren't pregnant, but I am nesting for sure! I am trying to get everything ready. The call can come any day.
The List.....

~swing by my brother and sister-in-law's storage to pick their baby stuff left over from the twins------check
~pick up the crib from my sweet friend Anh-------check
~clean and wash the bassinet that I got off Craigslist-------check
~organize Ireland's room to make room for baby-------check

Still to do....

~figure out which kind of cloth diapers to use (there's so many choices!!)
~get cloth diapers and formula
~find some uni-sex baby outfits (poor child has NO CLOTHES yet in this house)
~pray for God to prepare my heart with patience and love, gentleness and self control
~get the house in order
~make freezer meals
~be sure to get homeschooling in order so things will run smoothly when baby comes.
~jump up and down and shout praises to the Lord for all the kindness He has shown to us :-)

4 comments:

mosey September 27, 2011 at 3:24 PM  

out of Curiosity, how long has your agency told you to expect to wait? Exciting stuff. :)

Valerie September 27, 2011 at 3:32 PM  

Hey Girl, Well we have been told, due to the openness of gender, race, situations, and things, to wait between 1 day and a few months. Not to expect to wait more than a few months. To be matched that is. Of course the timing also depends on how far along the birth mother is in her pregnancy. We expect it go pretty fast, but adoptions are always filled with unknowns.

mosey September 27, 2011 at 8:09 PM  

I will continue to pray. :) We are also open to pretty much anything, our only desire is for a girl, we feel that the Lord has called us to a daughter specifically.

I'm excited for you. :) Can't wait to read about your wonderful news.

Christen E. Krumm September 27, 2011 at 10:58 PM  

Gaaaaa I love love cloth diapers!! I highly recommend bum genius and Charlie banana. I love all in one/one size.
Also check out diaperswappers.com. If you don't mind used diapers you can generally get them on the cheap!
Xo
Christen
ChristenKrumm.com

Donate to our adoption!


I write on the most varied, and well... sometimes quite odd topics. I am a mom to three, soon to be four amazing kiddos. I am the wife of the only man in the world who can melt me, frustrate me, teach me, mold me, lead me, romance me and drive me a bit crazy. God has saved me from myself, my sins, and my hellbound road, and for that I am forever grateful. I love my King, my kids, my Sweetheart, and the life that Christ has led me to. I am passionate about my faith, healthy living, frugality, adoption, purity, children, and homeschooling, as well as a host of other things. These things do not define me but definitely hold my interest in a conversation! These are also some of the things that I speak about here.