Thirft store finds.

Every once and a while I post on here some of my favorite thrift store finds. I love thrift stores and I have to say that being back in California has really got me excited about thrift store shopping again. When I was in Arkansas the thrift stores were rare. So I mostly shopped at Walmart, just like everyone else in middle America :)

Anyhow, this item may not seem all that spectacular to some, and even less functional to others, but I LOVE IT!

Plus the fact that it is super old just adds to the romance of it all...
(click on any of the pictures to see them enlarged)






Were you able to catch some of those beautiful words? I love this devotional book! I love that it was written over a hundred years ago, so I know the book is not spending the first 20 pages trying to relevant! I hope you all are finding great finds at your garage sales and thrift stores too :)

5 comments:

Rebekah May 18, 2011 at 6:50 AM  

I adore thrift stores! Where do ya'll now? Hope and I will be in Wyoming soon and if it nearish to relatives maybe we could meet up.

Rebekah May 18, 2011 at 6:50 AM  

Btw, LOVE the blog format!

Shannon May 18, 2011 at 9:29 AM  

That looks like a really good book! Love it when you find things like that and share.:) Thanks

Valerie May 19, 2011 at 11:46 AM  

Thank Shannon, I am glad to share~!

Valerie May 19, 2011 at 11:47 AM  

Rebekah, your so sweet! And we are bit of a ways from Wyoming :) We're in California! :)

Donate to our adoption!


I write on the most varied, and well... sometimes quite odd topics. I am a mom to three, soon to be four amazing kiddos. I am the wife of the only man in the world who can melt me, frustrate me, teach me, mold me, lead me, romance me and drive me a bit crazy. God has saved me from myself, my sins, and my hellbound road, and for that I am forever grateful. I love my King, my kids, my Sweetheart, and the life that Christ has led me to. I am passionate about my faith, healthy living, frugality, adoption, purity, children, and homeschooling, as well as a host of other things. These things do not define me but definitely hold my interest in a conversation! These are also some of the things that I speak about here.