Is Jesus real to us? What does our life show?
This video asks that question of a man, but since I am a women,I wanted to ask some questions of women? Is He real or is He plastic?
Do we say to ourselves, "I know that show is kinda raunchy, but it is SOOOOO FUNNY!" ( 3 "I will set before eyes no vile thing. The deeds of faithless men I hate; they will not cling to me." (psalm 101:3)
or how about "I would love to teach my kids about God and stuff, but seriously, I am so tired at the end of the day its the last thing on my mind, besides isn't that the churches job?" (Deuteronomy 4:9 (New International Version)9 "Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them." ALSO Deuteronomy 11:19 (New International Version)19 "Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.")
Or even "I know the bible says to be kind and gentle, and submit and stuff, but seriously, He could not have meant that for me, I mean, I'm not in one of those Mormon cults or something, I like to express my opinion."
( 1"Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. 3Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 5For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands.."1 Peter 3 emphasis mine)
Is Jesus real or plastic?
Posted by
Valerie
Thursday, August 13, 2009



0 comments:
Post a Comment